Saturday 27 March 2010

My Meaning.

Right. I know I've said this somewhere on my blog before but oh well, I'm gonna say it again. I didn't want my models coming over all dolled up. I wanted them as natural looking as possible. I think my favourite image has to be the one of Lisa, mostly because that one was 100% natural. I think this is because she felt most comfortable around me, and that's why she is the only one looking directly at me.

I love taking photographs of people. For most projects that's what I've done, but when I started doing this blog, I kinda wanted to explore some other stuff. That's why I didn't do this page until about the fourth week. The inspiration to do this week firstly came from Nadav Kander's 'Beauty's Nothing' book, that I picked up in the library. I really liked the natural look of some of the portraits. And, first of all that's what I did. I got Lisa to sit on a chair and kinda took photos of her like that. But then after the shoot I got the better one, so I used that instead and gave up on that idea. Which is kind of a shame, because I still like the idea of doing that. So maybe another time, I'll try it again.

When we started the 'My Chosen Image' project I chose Daido Moriyama, and I was actually inspired by him too. I started off not turning my images black and white, because I generally do change my images into black and white and I wanted to try something different. I didn't want yet another typical sophie image. But monochrome got the best of me when I stumbled upon Moriyama's work. I pretty immediately changed all my images into good old black and white and made them have a lot of contrast, just like Moriyama's stuff.

Anyway, I guess the main thing I'm trying to show in these images is that people are still beautiful without all that make-up. I could go on and on about this, but to be honest I want to keep that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment